- Created on Saturday, 09 August 2008 08:33
- Last Updated on Saturday, 20 July 2013 11:37
- Written by Wolfgang Henckert
- Hits: 1918
- Community Development Specialist on the Golden Star Dumasi Resettlement Project in Ghana.
Setplan/Department of Social Services and Population, South Africa:
- Research the effects of parental/caregiver addictive gambling on children in the Northern Cape Province in South Africa.
- Research the population and human development status of the Northern Cape Province in South Africa.
- Research street children in Kimberley, Northern Cape for the Population Development and Demographic Trends Unit of the Department.
- Research the socio-economic conditions and needs of the elderly population in the Northern Cape for the Population Development and Demographic Trends Unit of the Department.
- Research the seasonal and temporary migration of the Northern Cape Province population for the Population Development and Demographic Trends Unit of the Department.
Biowatch South Africa:
- Conducted an investigation of the planting of genetically modified food crops by small scale farmers on the Makhatini Flood Planes, Northern KwaZulu-Natal using participatory methods. This information was used as a baseline for the rest of the 5-year study.
Department for International Development, UK:
- Main researcher and author of a framework for poverty reduction and sustainable development in the Karoo District Area, Northern Cape Province, South Africa.
Gold Fields Ghana Ltd:
- Conducted a socio-economic assessment of the communities that are affected by the mining activities of the Tarkwa Gold Mine, Wassa West District in Ghana.
Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa:
- Research into the urbanization trends of farm workers in eight farming districts of the Northern Cape Province and Free State Province: designed questionnaires as part of a research team, conducted fieldwork and wrote sections of the final reports.
International Water Management Institute, Ghana Office:
- Desktop research and wrote a paper on Urban Sprawl in Accra, Ghana.
Law Faculty (Human Rights Division), University of Namibia:
- Principal researcher and author on project on the situation of awaiting trial juveniles in prisons across Namibia.
- Principal researcher and author on the situation of abandoned children in Namibia.
Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication, Namibia:
- Pre-feasibility study of proposed harbour at Cape Fria, Namibia. Responsible for the social and tourism sustainability components of the study.
Social Sciences Division of the University of Namibia:
- Researcher and co-author on research projects primarily focusing on governance issues; land reform; gender issues in Northern Namibia; rural and urban poverty; and domestic workers' working conditions in urban Namibia.
Surplus Peoples Project, South Africa:
- Researched the relationship between land reform and access to water in the Northern and Western Cape provinces, with special emphases on the implications of the National Water Act (Act No 36 of 1998).
Urban Trust of Namibia:
- Principal Researcher and co-author on a UNICEF-funded project on informal settlers in Mariental: assessing their living conditions in terms of adequate water and sanitation, electricity availability and access to roads.