Department of Water Affairs and Forestry, South Africa:
- Updating of Water Services Development Plans for local municipalities in the five districts of the Northern Cape Province: researched and wrote chapters on the institutional and financial capacity and status quo of local government within the five districts.
- Preparation of Water Services Development Plans for 16 local municipalities in the Karoo and Namaqualand regions of the Northern Cape Province: wrote chapters for each plan on the institutional capacity and responsibilities of Local Government with respects to the provision of water to communities.
Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa:
- Investigated the link between existing municipal budgets and the integrated development plans of municipalities. Special emphasis on the existing and future roles of environmental health professionals and the sustainability of the development plans.
- Research Project: To assess the feasibility of the adaptation of Schedules 4 and 5 of the Republic of South Africa Constitution. Responsibilities: Conducted a sectoral analysis of historic and present local government functions. Propose relevant sectors that need to be included in Schedules 4 and 5; propose further adaptations of the Schedules.
Ministry of Works, Transport and Communication, Namibia:
- Researched opportunities and proposed development strategies for small, medium and micro enterprises (SMMEs) in the road maintenance sector in Namibia.
- Designed a strategy and proposed a policy for the Roads Authority on the use of SMMEs in road building and maintenance.
SALGA Northern Cape, South Africa:
- Compiled a database and wrote a status quo synopsis of Northern Cape SALGA member municipalities.